Birds - Flights of Beauty


i hope you all had a lovely thanksgiving weekend

the hubby and i had a guest this past week. we're pretty rusty in hosting guests as we don't get guests too often staying over in this part of the world but i think we did okay. we went with our friends and our guest to a local wine festival and really had a lovely time. we bought a glass of wine each and with our tickets were able to try different local wines from the nearby regions of italy. some good, some not so good. 

the downside of drinking so many different types of wines is the day after effect. we both suffered a hangover that lasted most of the following day. what did i learn? i learned that to have fun sometimes you have to pay the consequences of it and have no regrets. i would do it again. 

i've been busy making jewelry, taking photos of them, and listing them in my shop. I shall share them in a follow-up post later this week. 

in today's post, i wanted to share with you my love of nature, in particular, the beauty of our flying friends - birds. i'm also happy to say that i'm drawing and painting many different types of subjects and right now birds are just captivating me. some of these birds will be my inspiration for my next few drawings.....


stellar's jay

            lady gouldian finch and hummingbird

   spreeuw (Sturnus vulgaris) by serge




 kingfisher                                                                   hummingbird


airy feathers                                                            fuzzy peach babies

      cardinals



fairy wren

 photos: here

Comments

  1. Oh my God, I have a passion for birds and these look sumptuous ! I wish some of them lived around here !

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. so. i am totally scared of birds /// so scary post lol. actually they do have pretty colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous images Reese. Having moved to the English countryside after 12 years in Spain, I too am starting to really appreciate the gorgeous nature I am surrounded by. Missed you. Good to see you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Reese, these are all so gorgeous! What great inspiration :) So glad to hear you've been drawing and painting. Hope you're doing great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww..they are all so beautiful:) Missed you, lovely. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I love owls, I do love birds too, and these photos are gorgeous. Ive been able to capture some blue jays in the park on my camera, I just love them! I cant wait to see your art and your new jewelry.

    Glad you had a good time with friends. PS check your email! And btw...take aspirin before going to bed after drinking, it should help!

    lots of love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reese,
    This is a beautiful post! I love birds myself, and my favorite thing to do in the morning is just lie in bed a few minutes listening to them chirp outside my window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have a passion for birds, and now looking at all of these...wow. I know now why I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Lord, I love these photos! I have a huge crush into little colorful birds since some time (don't know why, it's just appeared...) and your post gave me very much pleasure. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts