Package Pals

Happy Tuesday Everyone
Package Pals 2011 has begun!

Hey sweets! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! 
Our weekend was fun but super busy. Not only did we have friends over for the longest lunch ever (4 hours), we also spent our weekend looking for doors. You read correctly - doors. We have to replace all 6 doors in our home and we've been going to places who sell and install them. Unfortunately doors do not come cheap here. A decent, nice looking door starts from 400 Euros to 600 Euros. 
Pretty crazy don't you think? 
How much would you be willing to replace a bedroom or bathroom door?

Anyways, I'll keep you updated on that because now I would like to tell you about something pretty special I'm participating in, called "Package Pals." It was started by Gentri Lee, who writes a cool, fun blog. She sets up bloggers from around the world to swap packages with each other. Once we get to know each other through email, we send each other fun packages filled with goodies from our countries and it's a fun way to connect with someone you've never met and open up a treat from your mail box other than open up just bills, bills, bills.

My package pal is Kaycie from the U.S. who blogs about her sweet life at  Redhead Memories.
We're supposed to take pics of our package beforehand so that we can show our package pals and readers. However, flaky me forgot to take pictures of the entire process. I began to take a few pics at the very beginning but I got so immersed in decorating the package that I forgot to take pics of it before 
rushing off to the post office. 

Here is a pic I remembered to take. It's pitiful I know...but I promise it looked so much better once I finished decorating and packing it up. 


And Kaycie, if you're reading this....I promise it gets better :-)).

xo 
Reese

Comments

  1. Reese!

    Where have you been? What a cool package swap! I love those things! And I love your wrapping paper? It's so cool1

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice! I have one blogger friend in US too and we swap goodies :) I should actually start thinking a christmas present for her!

    I think I will try to subscribe to the package pals too, as I find the idea wonderful!!

    Have a great week lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,Baby-girl!! ;) Have a wonderful week! You know, I live in a house without doors (except for the main one....and the one dividing the bathroom from kitchen)so I don't need to spend any money on buying them!! :)) Alina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love getting parcels, this is a fantastic project! Can't wait to see what you get from the States!

    Good luck with the doors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool idea. and way better than bills, advertisements, and credit card offers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Reese. :) It's ok that you forgot to take pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Package Pals sounds really interesting ♥

    and a bit mysterious too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is such a fun idea! I personally love getting cards and little trinkets in the mail! I want to participate too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of Package Pals. Brilliant!!! Have a relaxing Friday, darling. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. swapping packages sounds really fun! :)

    wow, doors are that expensive?! 400-600 euros... that would be around 500-700 dollars, right? that is crazy! i hope you find affordable doors that you will love! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Packages in the mail are sooo much fun! Have you seen the Christmas swap that I've got going on my blog? You should join up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love this idea! I wish I had known about it earlier. I am dying to know what was inside.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun thing to be involved in! Lovely way to connect with fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts