What's New? Counting Down to Shop Opening!


This is a fun chart from designer Manu Comet. It's his take on how the biggest tech companies 
are organized. 

What do you think? Spot on or not?


On a side note, I wish I was organized like one of these companies. It wouldn't matter which one at this point :-).

Which leads me to apologize for being quite silent in blog land and not having time to post the Weekend Max List for this week. Preparing for the opening of my shop has led me to drop all the balls in my life.... I thought I would have my shop up and running by today, however, it's a lot more work than I had imagined. I had no idea how much work was involved in putting together a shop online - silly me. Here are some of the things I've been working on and am still trying to finish by my deadline.

A breakdown of things involved in opening and maintaining a shop:

Besides actually making the products.....

1. Shop Banner (design a graphic for your shop banner and logo)
2. Shop Business Cards (design and print)
3. Packaging for Shop
4. Photos of the products (after trying to take photos with my little compact digital camera, I now wish that Santa Clause existed so that I could ask for an SLR with a macro lens).
5. Describing the products (size, colour, shape, etc.)
6. Describing shop and its policies.
7. Posting the widget on blog.
8. Writing a Shop Opening Blog Post.
9. Read and learn all the details about how to navigate Etsy and Paypal. 

Have I forgotten anything else?

In my ignorance, I really had no idea how much time was needed for taking photos of my jewellery and uploading them for publication. I had to think about and get the right props, take advantage of day light in certain rooms, and just hope that my compact camera would be able to take good macro shots. On some days it did, on other days it just wouldn't cooperate.

Do you have an Etsy shop?
Anything learned?
Any tips for a newbie?

Shop Opening Date: 
Monday, 11th July 2011

Have a Great Weekend My Friends!

Reese 

Comments

  1. I don't have an Etsy shop myself, but am very excited to see yours in the making! You seem very organized to me. Can't wait to see what it will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it! Will have to get you a photo of my lovely Reese-made earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Your very own shop! So exciting :) I hope you have so much fun shopping and getting ready :)

    I love the charts! Especially the one for Apple and Microsoft. Did you know Microsoft has it's own store now... just like Apple? Oh, and it looks exactly like an Apple store... hmmmm.... ;)

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that chart and such good tips! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your Etsy shop. I know it is a lot of work, but it is also so exciting. Good luck:)

    *Erin

    P.S. My twitter is: @PopPugPeoBlog

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a good day to open a shop, it's my birthday and Giorgio Armani's too! It can't go wrong ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. all luck to you dear Reese!
    btw i am back from greece with a fun giveaway ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't wait to see what your shop is like!!! so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you, Reese! I know your shop will be wonderful & successful-- I can't wait to see!

    Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes! I hope you had a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in the middle of this list of things to do! It really is soo much work! I had no idea at the beginning it would be so much work either. But, it will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love charts and stats as long as I don't have to be the one making it. :-))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts