Etsy Love - Decals



Etsy Love: Decals

Some of you may remember reading that I went to a spa about a week ago for some well needed r & r and here is a photo from part of the thermal pools we enjoyed. I wish I had more for you, but I didn't think to take my camera with me....as usual. 


Now on to Etsy and my fondness for Decals. 

I finally got around to ordering these decals I wanted from Etsy. It took me quite a while to make a decision because there are so many to choose from, and I didn't want to make a choice I would later regret. I'm still not sure if I made the right decision, but we shall see. There are literally thousands of decals with different styles and colours, and a decal really needs to complement the room that it will be added to. Originally, I had never thought about using decals, but I'm trying to cover up a DIY mess on the wall. I won't name names .....-) So, rather than having to sand down the wall and have heaps of dust, paint and plaster to deal with, I just want a simple solution. 

Decals can be applied to any smooth and flat surface, and so much faster, cleaner and easier than paint. The lovely thing about decals is that you can custom order them in virtually every colour and they can even size them for you. 




I ordered my decals from Single Stone Studios and can't wait to see them in my post box. The down side is that I have to wait a few weeks longer because I'm on the other side of the Atlantic. 

Here are a few more decals I would have ordered if I knew where to put them. If I had a little one or more, I would definitely get decals for their room.













above from Dali Decals


Would you use decals in your home?


Reese

Comments

  1. I would totally use decals in my place and we did in our first apartment here. Its a great easy fix and looks amazing for a very long time:)
    I cant wait to see how yours will turn out
    Kisses, my dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind jumping right into that pool picture right now! (And I just had a weekend away!) I've never considered decals before, but you've made me see them in a new light - these ones are amazing! I love the graceful trees, twigs, leaves ones, but also the adorable giraffe/zoo one. What an amazing solution to your wall - would also love to see how they turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know, they have so many lovely ones on Etsy I have been tempted to buy one myself :)
    Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would decals, have a quote on our closet from decals. My daughter used them to help some ugly closet doors in her rental apartment, really perked it up. Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind words about our remodel. We did do most of the work ourselves and thus, it took about 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That spa looks fabulous! I'm feeling relaxed just looking at the pic. The decals are so cool. My favorite is the one of the birds on the branch. Adorable!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice idea... I have had some windows that I wanted to distract myself from, and then had a room that needed a mirrors, but I don't like mirrors. Would have been a great solution... xo bb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first one and the second to the last the most. Guess I like the bird theme.
    The spa photo looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Reese! Thanks for your comments! I enjoyed your decal post! For the first time I used wall decal in my house recently and I love it! I bought one from Etsy, too. I actually painted first and put the wall decal, but come to think of it, I probably could have used the wall decal without painting. I also used wall decal in my kids play room and I like it a lot. It's a great way to fill an empty wall space. I like the ones you picked! I would've picked the other ones you chose as well. I looked at Etsy site for hours when I was looking for one for our living room. I would say it's addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Reese, dear, what a delcious bath!!! Wish I were right there right now!!!
    Decals are soooo lovely!! I would and I will glue some on my walls soon! Just need to find the right ones.
    Kisses!!!! Love! Bela.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reese you have to show us which ones you get. I think I would use them in my place. The woodsy ones looked very cool, but also the bright orange across that narrow wall? They just add so much and are so unassuming. Great post.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ps: I am hosting a ban.do headband GIVEAWAY today! Please, join in!
    Kisses my dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thansk for the comments! :D
    I must say I already have, and I would defiantly do it again in a different style. But I can't do decals now b/c i'm renting the place lol.
    Take tons and tons of pictures of how it turns out!
    -Bego
    i'm following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the wall decals! they are perfect for those who like to change with the seasons... much better than paint and cheaper than a painting... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these decals and I recently purchased a set myself. They are songbirds on branches, I have not stuck them up yet though, I need to get together the perfect look for the space I intend to use them in.

    Your spa looks seriously relaxing, good for you on having some *me time* :)

    I would like to invite you to join my **Interactive Halloween Party**, come, come, I promise I won't bite, I'm not a vampire... or am I ...? eery music....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Reese :)
    I love decals too! They look so amazing. I might have to get some soon. They would be perfect for an apartment where you can't paint the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the decals, it's a great way to decorate. I'm thinking of using them in my room, thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was fun :) I have been behind on blogging too lately. We all have those times I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH so so cute, Reese! I love decals!

    Sorry I haven't emailed lately! I suddenly got super busy! I'll email you this week & tell you all about it.

    Hope your weekend was great! ox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts