Ode to My Husband


Ode to My Husband

This has been an incredibly busy summer full of holidays and work, and it's also been a summer where I have seen very little of my husband. I have spent half this past summer in Canada spending time with friends and family leaving my husband at home...and now, I'm home alone awaiting his return from Germany. I'm not usually the gushy, schmaltzy, sappy, mushy, hokey type of person, but I felt compelled for some inexplicable reason to write this poem. A voice kept saying in my head, "You have to write this." So, I did. And then I thought...how can I show my husband how much I adore and cherish him and how thankful I am that he's in my life? The answer -  by posting it and putting it "out there." Now, I'm not a poet by any means...so please don't judge me on prose or rhyme. But if you must judge me - you can judge my sincerity.

 Now, if love poems kind of gross you out....you might want to skip reading the rest of this post .-)). 

I'll understand. 


***


My dear sweet husband,
My world irrevocably changed forever
the day that you were born.
You are my light.
You are my joy.


I never thought
Happiness like this existed,
Except in fairy tales.


I thank God every day for blessing me
With your presence and your love.
I cherish every minute and every hour
That we are together.


My heart is yours,
Forever in time,
On earth,
And in the heavens,
Your heart is mine.


There are no words to tell you how much I love you.
Therefore, may my actions speak loud and clear.


Thank you my little prince.


Thank you.

Comments

  1. Oh that's so sweet! I can't write poems at all so I think yours is very good :-) My husband works a lot, too, and is often away travelling... so I understand! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not schmalzy either, but hey I know when I miss my husband and my heart misses a beat. So I enjoyed reading your poem, made me smile.

    Has your husband read it yet?

    KInd wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet words!
    I'm sure your husband will appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, nice to meeting you! And you entering my giveaway. I will put the notes with your name on it in the big giveaway bowl. Fingers crossed for you!
    Have a happy happy weekend. Off now to read some of your past posts... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so SWEET and inspiring - I spend time on the North American side of the Atlantic too, and have to be away from my significant other in Europe, sometimes...this is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so sweet! I think poetry is such a beautiful way to convey your feelings; infact sometimes the only way I feel I can adequately express myself is by putting my thoughts into poetic form! The written word is so meaningful. And I think you wrote it beautifully! I bet he LOVES this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet and touching! It brought tears to my eyes. You're both so lucky to have each other. :)

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh how sweet....I love this poem and you are so good,sweetie:)
    Kisses and hugs and see you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think this is super sweet. not too sappy at all. where did you stay in canada? i'm canadian and headed home for a visit soon myself.

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reese,
    I know what you mean about separation lately. I also feel like I've had the whole summer on my own. Very sweet poem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lady of many talents! What a fantastic poem. I'm sure your husband loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful :) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts