Amalfi Coast Wedding in Maiori, Italy


Happy Friday!




Before I've even had a chance to settle in from my trip to Canada and tell you all about it, I'm off to a wedding to the town of Maiori, Italy tomorrow, which is south along the Amalfi Coast in the province of Salerno (Campania, Italy). Ironically, my husband and I thought the wedding was on Saturday. We were so sure, in fact, that we didn't even bother looking at the invitation. However, after a brief conversation and debate over iced coffee with a friend (who wasn't going to the wedding), we learned that we had been mistaken the entire time. I must say....we were very fortunate indeed to have found this out. Imagine...showing up somewhere and wondering where everyone is. It's like - "Hello?! Where is everyone?!" Straight out of a scene from the twilight zone where you think you're in the right place and the right time, but no one else is. 

I've been to the Amalfi Coast a few times before and it's absolutely beautiful and picturesque, with quaint little towns and windy roads (which would have been perfect on a motorcycle, however, I'm still recovering from pulling my back, so totally not doable - more about that story in another post ) On the downside, the beaches are brownish grey and gritty and it's heaving with tourists during the summer. I shall write more about this trip when I return and will hopefully share with you some lovely photos of an 
Italian wedding.




View Larger Map

A view of the western coastline of Italy



Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, thank goodness you two found out! That would have been such a bummer! ha Ah, I can only imagine how beautiful it is there...I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! So lucky you found out the right date of the wedding in time! How sad it would have been to miss it! Happy trip to you, it all sounds so dreamy. Looking forward to seeing the Italian wedding photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky girl!! take lots of pretty pictures and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same thing happened to us (although not in Italy)...we arrived just as the brides was about to walk down the aisle, so embarrassing! Glad you found out in time!

    Looking forward to seeing the pictures...such a beautiful place! Have a lovely time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi reese!
    I am so jealous you get to attend a wedding in Italy! Only one of my favorite places in the world!

    .. I have showed up for a flight a day late before! Horrible!

    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you are having a stunning time...Ufff so good that you found out the right date for the wedding...
    Have a blast my dear and see you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a view! Thank goodness you figured out the right date :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog :)
    Your blog is lovely, i'm following you now! Follow me too if you want ;)
    PS: You're so lucky - living in Italy must be awesome, such a beautiful country!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. now i want to go italy for a wedding! doesn't matter whose, just want to go! looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts