YOGA FOR EVERYONE - Yogatic with Esther Eckhart












I'm not big on fitness or going to fitness centres. I learned this about myself when I was a University student living on campus. The gym was right across the street from our dorm building. How hard could it be? I couldn't make any excuses.....so, I signed up for a one year membership and paid the fees. How often did I go - you ask? Two times! Yes....really, two times. The first time was for orientation; learning how to use all the exercise machines. I went the second time when a friend said she would be there at the gym. And that was it. I just don't enjoy being around other people when I'm exercising....maybe I have an issue with being surrounded by people in tight clothes, sweating in close proximity to each other. It's just not my thing.

After checking out different websites and videos on YouTube, I finally found Esther Eckhart onYogatic. I am now an avid follower and I do yoga at least two to three times a week with her videos. I started yoga because I had to stop running due to lower back pain but it's evolved into something more. It's now about feeling good and relaxed from a stressful day. Esther Eckhart, the yogin or teacher has insightful comments on how to live a healthier and balanced life in an attainable and realistic way. 

I found that when I was looking for videos on the Internet, many of them were too flashy, glossy or high-paced, and everyone looked amazing; not only that, many videos were subscription only. I'm not looking for that. I'm looking for real solutions for my physical issues.  She has a calm and soothing voice. She goes at a nice pace and her yoga techniques work. I feel relaxed and better after following her videos. They're also short and sweet, and there is an endless list to choose from. So, I'm not committed to any exercise for any long length of time. I think the longest video is about 10 minutes. I also love that if I have the time, I can make my exercises longer by pausing the video or adding more exercises from her video list. And it's great for a semi-beginner like myself, but also great for people of all ages and experience. 






The Yogatic website is laid out brilliantly! I have Yogatic listed in my blog roll - websites i follow. There are a multitude of yoga videos for everyone: yoga for beginners, yoga for the spine, knees, back, abdominals, the list is endless. I highly recommend checking them out. 

p.s. this is not an endorsement of any kind. I only write posts on what I'm passionate about and completely believe in. 



Comments

  1. This is great. I'm always looking for new exercise ideas. I tend to get really bored at the gym too and I love being able to exercise at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoga...I hate all other kinds of workouts. We're twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments guys.

    I really do believe yoga works. I have a lot of aches and pains from previous injuries. It helps relax my muscles and alleviates some of the daily pain.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts