Chalkboard Dreams


This is close to perfection for me. 


I have this dream of chalkboard. I want chalkboard everywhere in my home. It has always been a childhood dream of mine.....although, there is one tiny little problem. I need to compromise with my significant other, who thinks that more than one room with chalkboard paint is a bit too much. So, since we are slowly renovating our home, 
I am trying to decide which room is the best place for 
chalkboard paint

I would love to have chalkboard paint on our front door to write messages and little notes, however, we just got a new front door and I'm one hundred per cent sure that it's not in the cards. The other place I would like to have chalkboard paint is in our kitchen and office/art room; but since I can only have it in one room - which one? Dilemma. The kitchen would be a great place to put chalkboard paint, where I could write messages and recipes, which would be really handy and efficient. Although, one in my office would be nice, so I can write notes, to do lists, inspirational quotes and draw. This would definitely bring me some joy.


So, here are some marvelous ways people have used chalkboard paint.
It can be used anywhere.....in the home, at the office, on furniture and anything else you can think of.




country living via poppytalk





chalkboard wall da Nicole Adrianne.



New chalkboard wall


Chalkboard paint + red + white kitchen: Farrow & Ball 'Blazer,' from Met Home by xJavierx.

Photo by Antoine Boots, Metropolitan Home, October 2009


Thought for the day - on a Chalkboard wall... by Handmade Evolution




Chalkboard Pantry by chris_rudolph
chalkboard door by suziebeezie.




Waldorf Chalkboard Drawing by xeaza.



Chalkboard drawing from Northern Lights School, a Waldorf school in Wilmington, NY.


Wishing you all, a weekend filled with silliness, fun, merriment, nonsense, joy 
and gut-busting laughs.

Comments

  1. love the sliding doors... soo cool!!! have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that all white kitchen with the chalkboard pantry door is PERFECTION! Such great images you've pulled together. We have a chalkboard wall in our kitchen {looks similar to the apartment 2024 photo}..its really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin!

    That's so cool that you have one in your kitchen. I'd love to see it one day. What do you use it for?

    Hoping you're having a great weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elie! I like them too!

    Hope you're having a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. me too! i LOVE chalkboards and chalkboard paint is GENIUS!

    love those chalkboard globes though, that is such a fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just bought some chalkboard paint to make chalkboards and what great inspiration this is! the globe is especially great~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just died. I love it all. And I'm bookmarking this as proof that chalkboard is heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Reese, did I mention that we are renovating our house now! We took possession in on St. Patty's day and have since been hard at work gutting the place, and putting it back together again! I'll send you pics. Too bad I didn't see the chalk board post until today, altho' I don't think D would go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Reese, I can see what you have in mind! I have to admit that after having been a teacher for all these many years I just hate chalk and blackboards! Not that fond of whiteboards either! But I do not mean to rain on your parade!!! I think the IDEA is neat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Everyone!

    I knew I wasn't the only one. We should start a chalkboard club! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh, found you on GFCBlog and LOVE your blog!!!

    Those pictures are so amazing. I am a fan of chalkboard too, but I think my somewhat latent fear of nails scratching on a chalkboard keeps me from doing it.

    I'm following. :) Follow back at http://jotgiveaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pictures! That first one is so great. I can see myself eating breakfast there

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey there and thank you for your information – I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts