Everything Audrey Hepburn




When I was growing up....the first movie I had ever watched in a cinema was STAR WARS - I was five years old. Then my next movie was MARY POPPINS, which I still watch almost every year at Christmas. And then at the mature age of seven, I watched the brilliant performances of Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman and that little kid actor, who should have won an OSCAR too for his performance in KRAMER VS. KRAMER. I cried. Ever since then, I have adored movies, all types of movies, especially the oldies. The classics represented a world that was unattainable.....a world that I longed to be real. The colours were intense, and everyone seemed gracious and well-mannered, all looking perfectly immaculate without a hair out of place. 


I'm familiar with all the classics with Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Katherine Hepburn, Judy Garland, Ingrid Bergman, Frank Sinatra, Gary Cooper, Gene Kelly, Marilyn Monroe, Fred Astaire, Deborah Kerr, Rosalind Russell, Vivien Leigh and Ginger Rogers....even Sandra Dee; the list is endless, but my absolute favourite has to be 
"the Audrey Hepburn."


She epitomizes simplicity, beauty, 
grace and practicality
She is timeless.


And now, I have just discovered a blog that shares my love of Audrey Hepburn. So, whenever I need a dose of Audrey Hepburn, I just go to Marta Writes and peruse all that is lovely. I want to share with you some photos and some very sagacious words from the very, lovely Miss. Audrey Hepburn that I found on her blog.











"Sabrina was a dreamer who lived a fairy-tale, and she was a romantic, an incorrigible romantic, which I am. I could never be cynical. I wouldn't dare. I'd roll over and die before that."
- Audrey Heburn

"Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people;
it does for me."
- Audrey Heburn









"My own life has been much more than a fairy tale. I've had my share of difficult moments, but whatever difficulties I've gone through, I've always gotten the prize at the end." 
- Audrey Hepburn







"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others."

-Audrey Hepburn







"Opportunities don't often come along.
So, when they do, you have to grab them." 

- Audrey Hepburn







"People associate me with a time when movies were pleasant, when women wore pretty dresses in films and you heard beautiful music. I always love it when people write me and say, 
I was having a rotten time, and I walked into a cinema and saw one of your movies, and it made such a difference." - Audrey Hepburn






"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."


Audrey Hepburn Princess


This face says it all.


Comments

  1. She is the LOVELIEST! I'll have to check out Marta Writes! Hope you are having an amazing week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had her silhouette! My favorite film of hers is Sabrina...I can watch it once a month at least and it never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more.

    Thanks Erin!! I hope you're having a lovely week too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's absolutely beautiful in all her movies and you are quite right about her silhouette. I believe that Roman Holiday and My Fair Lady have to be my favourites.

    Thanks for sharing Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts