The Dangers of Leaving your Cel (Mobile) Phone in your Back Pocket




Something embarassing happened to me over the holidays. I wasn't going to mention it because it's one of those stupid things that you don't want to tell anyone about. But, what is life without it's embarassing and funny moments (later upon reflection it can turn out to be an amusing story you can tell at a cocktail party)? We went to a friend's place to celebrate New Year's and I had decided it was time to relieve my bladder of some of its contents. After I was finished 'my business,' I pulled up my jeans and then I felt something fall out of my back pocket into the toilet. I was mortified. I instantly recalled that I had left my cel phone (mobile) in my back pocket. I had sent a text message earlier and I was too lazy to put it back in my purse.


There was nothing to do but stick my hand into the toilet water and retrieve my phone. As soon as I did that, I was revolted at the thought of all the germs and bacteria on the phone, so I immediately stuck it underneath some hot water. Obviously......I'm thinking - will my phone survive this onslaught of liquids? After I gave it a good wash, I took out the battery and sim card, and dried it all with some toilet paper and hoped for the best. For the next two days, I didn't use my phone because I wanted to give it as much time to recuperate. After the two days were over, my husband put the phone back together for me and it seemed to work fine. I was so relieved. It is my second cel phone in one year. But, just a few days ago, it died, croaked, kicked the bucket, bit the dust.....it's definitely gone. 


Has anything embarassing like this happened to you?





Comments

  1. oh man i can totally relate.. i am pretty good about laughing at myself and my friends can tell you the same.. i have peed my pants a total of 4 times around them.. i drink tons of water and get into a situation where i can't get to the bathroom (snowboarding/hiking .. because it's not so easy to be a girl and have to go to the bathroom...) and have fallen myself, or someone else has done something funny, to the point where I laugh SO hard that I pee.. and I announce it because I'm usually standing so funny trying to squeeze it all back in.. yah.. it's a good thing to be able to laugh.. :) i like stories like the one you told.. i don't feel so.. "alone" lol.. even though i am pretty used to peeing now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also.. where in italy are you traveling? i was just there and i fell in LOVE with cinque terre.. i will be doing a post on that place on my blog soon.... :) happy travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened to me before as well! A few years ago at a concert! Alcohol may or not have been involved.... ;)

    Sorry about your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing such a personal story! I really feel a bit better now. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a clutz, so I have quite a few stories such as these.

    I might tell another one....next week.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Erin!

    Glad I'm not the only one that did that to my phone. It was such a shame, cause' I only had this phone for just over a month.

    :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Italy.....but not in Cinque Terre. Although, I backpacked through there a few years ago and it was quite beautiful. I can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yah i loved the little island of burano off of venice, i have always loved venice, rome, we found some really good places to eat in florence, but cinque terre stole my heart.. i cant believe that people still live in the hills! such a fun hike!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts