I Wish I Could Wake Up Again

I'm feeling blahhhhhhhhhhh, really blah. I woke up late this morning and when I got around to finally realizing that it was time to get up, I didn't want to. A bad sign for the rest of the day. I don't know about anyone else, but how I wake up usually determines my mood for the day. It's this ugly monster, my ugly self that I can't suppress. Noisy, negative, lazy thoughts that intrude my daily activities.

I've been giving myself pep talks all day. I tried yoga for 5 minutes. I still haven't figured out how to relax and meditate. Begin with breathing slow and concentrate on the breathing, but when does the sense of relaxation and awareness begin? How long do you have to wait? I'm not the waiting type. I'm not looking for a higher state of consciousness. I just want to relax, mentally relax. My brain is always "on" and I want it "off." This is a good excuse to have a twix chocolate bar and a glass of coke. A carbonated drink and chocolate always makes things a little better.

Comments

Popular Posts